Thursday, November 17, 2011

Principal Component Analysis


This Primary Component Analysis (PCA) tutorial is great. I wish I had it a few semesters ago. For that matter it appears to contain an excellent complete replacement for the second year level course Statistics for Engineers which I took at the University of Victoria. My perception of this as a student who has already taken Statistics for Engineers may be unrealistic, of course, but I am certain it would have really come in handy last semester during Dr. Albu's Medical Image Processing course, in which I found that I strongly lacked statistically relevant problem solving skills. I am still working on developing them, and am enjoying the learning experience. Dr. Albu felt a need to reintroduced our class to some very basic statistical concepts, and I had no choice but to agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment