Friday, May 13, 2011

Back to Classes

I returned to class at the beginning of last week, as an electrical engineering student, and have now begun working on my term projects. I'm really excited about them, so here's a rough idea of what I'm thinking for posterity's sake:

For my wavelet/multirate/geometric processing class, I'll be making a computer game using an Xbox 360 Kinect sensor platform and the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library (CGAL). I already checked, and Tetris has been done so that's me back to the drawing board :{)

For my audio signal processing class I will be making a Voice Encoding (Vocoder) Android app using Java for the user interface, C++ for the intensive audio processing, and JNI to communicate in between. The professor doesn't allow creative control over anything but the target platform for this one, so I'll have to pour my leftover creativity into a heart rate monitor or a game of some kind.

For my medical image processing class I will be making a computer vision based medical diagnosis program, and right now I think I want to use ultrasound imaging but the professor will unveil a medical image database for us to work with next week(ish) so it depends on what she's got in store for us.

I've been reading and planning for these projects for a week and a half now and I'm more excited about them every day!

Some folks might notice a trend in my class names, and yes I'm basically doing a degree on digital signal processing. It's great :D

No comments:

Post a Comment